Summer Shave 2013 - Vazu


An Experience from reader:

This is Vazu, 23, M, and I would like to share my summer shave of 2013. It was 2013 may, where the summer was very hot and troubling me... So on may 18 saturday i woke up in the morning and was standing on my balcony. In a distance i could see my regular barbershop and the guy was just opening the shop. That moment there was a sparkle in my mind "yes, i will shave my head due to the hot summer and dandruff". So i went out with my tshirt and shorts towards the shop. He was cleaning the shop and the agarbarthi smell was awesome. Then he told me to sit on the chair and covered with cape and asked how to cut it.. I told him "full shave karo bhaiya" he asked "full blade shave? But why sir" and i replied him "simply.. Summer. In the center leave some hair like gheera". He said ok and Then he started to spray water on my head... Soon my head was completely wet. He took the straight razor and inserted new half blade. He started to shave from crown to back side of head. He made 2 strokes and stopped.. My heart rate was increasing.. He got a phone call and was talking for couple of minutes. I touched the bald spot, it was awesome. Then again he started to shave backside and the hair was falling backside and on the cape. After shaving the backside, he came to my left side and changed the blade. From crown, he started to shave till my left temple. Then he moved to front. Now in the mirror i could see i was half bald. Then he scratched from crown to forehead. I saw hairs falling across my nose and eyes. He then shifted to right side amd did the same. He left a small portion in the middle of my head(gheera) that was remaining. Then he started to make the gheera in good shape. it was some 2.5inches long so he asked whether to cut it short. I was feeling awkward to keep gheera as i have never kept it before. So i told him to shave that too.. In two strokes he shaved it. I was completely bald.
I told him to do reverse shave. He said ok and sprayed some water, it was feeling chill. I told him to put cream and shave, but he told it will be hard to shave with cream and took a conditioner and applied on the head. Then he changed the blade and started to shave from forehead to crown. The resistance of the hair and the scrap sound was good. The made repeated strokes till he didn't hear any scrapping noise. Top of head is smooth. I told him to do reverse shave at the back side. But he refused saying that blood will come if we do reverse shave at the back side. Then i said ok. he asked whether to apply after shave lotion, I said ok and he applied. Initially for couple of seconds it was burning then it became cool. I paid him and returned home.
This was my 1st headshave in a saloon. I'm looking forward for more HS in future.

Gheera means small patch of hair left at the back side of head as a part of ritual in India.

Click here to share your story like this
Summer Shave 2013 - Vazu Summer Shave 2013 - Vazu Reviewed by Ritz on 05:23 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.