The head shave experience


A wonderful experience from Achuyth V.

Hi, I'm a 21 year old guy who is in fond of head shaving since my childhood I was very curious about it I used to think how people get their head shave , though I belong to orthodox family we were not permitted to have them without any reason , since when I was in school I used to see my friends who used to get their head shave in summer by offering them to God ,but I didn't had guts to say to my parents that I like to have ,this continued till my college once a situation came where my family went through a tough time with several medical issues of my parents and I was not able to score good marks, in that situation my mom prayed to god and vowed that if everything goes well in my son's carrier that he will offer his hair to Lord venkateshwar in Tirupati, I don't know some how I got through to the exams and I got admitted to technical course but still I didn't know that my mom had vowed to Lord , after few days my mom called a meeting of family members that we have to go to Tirupati for darshan so date was fixed to April 12th 2018 since it was a vacation time I agreed to go with them the darshan was booked on 14th , till next day I didn't have a clue that my mom will give me a surprise that she have vowed to Lord about my head shave, I still remember it was after the lunch we were just sitting in leaving room my mom asked me a question if your ok that you won't get upset I'll ask you a favor that I have vowed to god if u clear your exams that you will offer your hair to god suddenly I was shocked the situation was like I was struck by a high voltage current but after some time I asked her once more what she said ,she repeated ,I just said I need to think I left leaving room and came back to my room I shut the door first thing what I did was i pinched myself first is this a dream no it's not my stomach was itching my mom's voice is repeatedly playing in my ears, I just took a deep breath and got relaxed and I just came out of my room and I said ok to mom then she was shocked because she thought I would make whole scene that I'll not be ok ,I would shout at her ,I may not talk with her that she have taken such a decision without asking me ,but my reply was very contrast to her expectations but after when I just said ok she didn't ask any questions with me because she had succeeded without any war against me to take that decision but still everyone out there were very surprised that is no situation where they thought would have happened Next week before going to Tirupati all arrangements like traveling , room booking were done so my mind was fully on my head shave that how I would look without my hair how everyone would react , since I wanted this to be happened any day I was very happy that the situation occurred and I was very excited about this since this was my first head shave in my life I wanted to be memorable and remarkable I started to buying caps for my head and bought my new dress to wear after my head shave but still I didn't show my excitement to my family . The day came we left for Tirupati on 12th April 2018 by a mini bus it took around 11 to 12 hrs journey from my place to Tirupati When we reached atop hill it was around 8 o clock , after we got into rooms ,I and one of my cousin went to see the surroundings and returned back to our rooms and next day it was 13 th April 2018 we all got up earlier and took bath in pond beside temple and went to see the place around the hill total day spent like visiting different places around the temple ,that night around 8:30 me and my cousin just thought of going outside to have a walk after dinner ,while we walking we came across the place which is next to bus stop it is called pilgrims aminity complex where this is a building where there is several lockers for pilgrims to keep their belongings and also have a kalyanakatta ( place where pilgrims offer hair to Lord) seeing this my cousin told me "see this this where you will get your head shave tomorrow" I looked it oh my God so the day which I waited so long is tomorrow , tomorrow I'll be full filling my dream the excitement in my raised we went back to our rooms the whole night I spent without sleep I don't know if it was because of excitement or what I did not get sleep that night In the morning 14 the April 2018 ,it was around morning 6:15 my mom came to woke me up but I wasn't had sleep so I was washing my face when she came she told "we have darshan ticket at 2 pm so this is the time get ready and get your head shave done" I said ok and I left room wearing a sleeve less shirt with a three fourth having some weird feeling in my stomach I came across the building kalyanakatta I took off my flip-flops outside building there was a counter where they issue tickets for head shave there was not much queue I waited to get my ticket ,my turn came they gave me a ticket with a hall number and a place number mentioned on it , that's the time I realized now this going to happen I still have ticket number mentioned hall-3 no-38 ,I entered main entrance there were signs written with directions to halls I went to the place allotted to me there were 3 people in queue for that barber so I waited ,I look around the hall there were many people , ladies, children everyone are waiting for there turn so this is it ,my turn came barber asked me to get my hair wet and come so there was a drum full of water at corner of hall I went there and I wet my hear and came back he asked me me ticket I gave him he told me to sit with folded legs I just sat in front of him ,he was not satisfied with my hair wetting procedure so he once again wet my hair with hot water Which was in front of him on small bucket then he wet my beard and mustache then he told me to pray to God and say God's name I said he sent my head .... I surrendered myself he carefully checked for center of my head and he just pointed the spot then he changed his razor with blade given by me and he rinsed it with some antiseptic water , then he gently placed razor in middle of my head ,he started to move razor towards my neck region ,I heard the the scraping sound I said to myself you will look different from now the air around the shaved part of my head was so cool I felt very much calm in my mind , he completed back of my head he tilted my head to left and stated to shave sides of my head and then right side ,he finished sides now front of my head is shaved , now once again he wet my beard and mustache and shaved it thoroughly I enjoyed this very much by the end all my hair was on my leg ,i checked once again if any hair was left out and said it's over I felt like light headed then I thanked him and came outside hall there was a mirror near wash basin I looked into it with curious wonderful totally different person I was ,then I came back to room I took bath every one in my family were looking me with some pride that I agreed to my mom's decision and fulfilled her vow ,I was also satisfied ,I spent whole trip without wearing cap I was felt like I have achieved something which made me proud and my mom was very happy I fulfilled her vow we had darshan and came back to home .

The head shave experience The head shave experience Reviewed by Ritz on 01:52 Rating: 5

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.