Why not a head shave today?



'All my school days and college days I was dreaming of getting a head shave, but I don't know what's resisting me from doing that' said my friend Njnanasudharam. We call him Nanu. Nanu is my school buddy, a Tamil guy. I learned most of Tamil from this handsome guy who hail from Pondicherry. We didn't have any close contact after school. I had a recent trip to chennai and I met him in a mall.
I couldn't recognize him at first sight. He has turned to a glamorous mature guy with thick mustache, nice medium length hair and all. Nanu easily recognized me and came closer. We had some casual conversation and in between he removed my cap and said, hey you Mottai(meaning bald in Tamil)?? He was surprised to see me bald.

Yes, I had a recent head shave a week back before meeting nanu. This story is not about my recent head shave, and this is exclusively about Nanu. Nanu is working in Chennai in a insurance based company. Both of us were free that day and decided to spend the day together. We planned to have some food first. We went to KFC, ordered a bucket of chicken and starting taking about our past, present and future. In between our conversation Nanu said "All my school day and college day I was dreaming of getting a head shave, but I don't know what's resisting me from doing that". I laughed at him first. Later I thought of motivating him for a head shave. I explained  him that it's at least one time experience and also convinced that his hair will grow very quick within two months. He finally agreed to shave his head one day. I quickly asked him why not a head shave today? He paused for a moment and said, I don't know!. Later I thought of giving him little more motivation hoping that he would shave his head that day. Finally he admitted there is no special occasion for him in near future and said this is the best time to shave his head bald. He didn't say that he is ready for head shave, but I thought of pushing him to this. I said in the evening we will go to barbershop and have his head shaved. However, he didn't say yes or no that time.

Soon we went for a movie in mall and turned away from the topic. After movie it was like 6.30 pm, I asked him do you have any barbershop preference in town? He was shocked by my question and he said he is not ready to shave his head today and will definitely do some other day. I replied 'If you re not shaving head today, you will not shave forever, Can you at least accompany me to a barbershop? I need to shave my head smooth again'. I had little stubble of hair on my head, the reason I decided to shave it again was because on that day morning while shaving my beard I tired to shape the front crown of my bald head. It didn't shape up correctly and looked awkward and hence I wore cap the whole day. If I shave my head today I can let it grown without hiding it and also this is a golden chance to inspire Nanu to shave his head. Nanu agreed to accompany me to the barbershop, I took him in my bike and started to search for a barbershop. First two three barbershop that we came across was crowded and finally we found a empty barbershop. We went inside the barbershop and I asked Nanu to sit in barber chair. He hesitated and sat in the waiting chair instead. I asked barber "Can you shave the head again?". The barber asked me sit and capped me immediately. He took some shaving form applied it in my head and used a brush is spread them evenly. With no delay he started shaving my head. During the process of shaving my head I was continuously observing Nanu and signaled him to shave also. I was shaved smooth so quick and the barber dusted my head with talcum powder. I asked if the barber has sandal paste(It is a tradition in Tamil Nadu to apply sandal paste in the fresh shaved head. It will give very cool effect and also disinfects the wound). He took a bottle of sandal power from shelf. I asked him to give a thick coat of sandal paste all over my head. He agreed and took the sandal powder and mixed it with water to make a thick paste. Using a brush he started applying the thick sandal paste on my head. He literally painted my bald head with the thick sandal paste. I should admit that sandal paste gives the best cooling effect. The cool effect along with the soothing scent of sandal gives us a mesmerizing effect. When I stood up from barber chair, the barber turned to Nanu and asked "Ungalkum motta podanuma?". Which means "Do you want to shave your head too?". Nanu was shocked to hear that from barber, he didn't say anything for sometime, later he stood up and said 'Yes'. I was shocked to hear that from him. The barber laughed and greeted him to barber chair. I sat down in the waiting chair to see him go bald. The barber capped him and drenched his hair with water. He took a straight razor and started from the middle of Nanu's head. I could feel the fear from Nanu's face. Soon he started shaving in all directions from middle patch. While the barber shaved Nanu's head. I started mixing the sandal paste for him to make his first experience the best one. Soon the barber made him completely bald and Nanu looked happy with his new bald look. I took the sandal paste and applied it to his bald head with my bare hands. It felt nice to massage his tender bald head with smooth sandal paste. That night went for a ride in our bike without using any cap or helmet to let the cool breeze tickle our tender bald heads.    
Why not a head shave today? Why not a head shave today? Reviewed by Ritz on 23:37 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.